- Part 1 | March 15 – May 15
- Part 2 | June 1 – Aug. 15
- Part 3 | Sept. 1 – Sept. 30
Submissions will be judged based on focus, lighting, composition, and relevance to byways. Four winners will be announced after final entries are received for each part of the contest. Winning photos will be in the 2019 FSHP & Safety Calendar, and showcased on the FSHP website and social media. Winners receive 12 free passes to the Florida State Parks, and 10 copies of the final printed calendar.
- More weight will be given in judging to images that include the byway itself. Because we are now partnered with Safety for this contest, shots of people, bikes or cars on a byway are greatly encouraged, but we will still accept recreational and wildlife images.
- Images must be a minimum of 4000 x 3000 pixels in JPG format with no visible watermarks.
If the file is less than 4 MB, the image may be too small for inclusion in the printable calendar.
- Photo must be taken by the person submitting the entry.
Please name the photo file by: photographer last name_title_byway. Just enough of the byway name to tell which is meant –
for example: “Jones_bear_FBBSB” or “Smith_motorcyling_Scenic A1A”
- The same photo can be submitted in more than one contest phase, but can only win once.
- Unlimited entries are permitted, since all photos entered help us promote Florida Scenic Highways.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- The photo contest is closed to FDOT (Florida Dept. of Transportation) employees, their family members, and FDOT consultants.
- A photo release form is available on the website at http://bit.ly/FSHP_release
This form is for shots with recognizable shots of people. Please name your form the same as your photo + “form” and email
it to [email protected] This form is not required for group/crowd photos in pubic or images where the people
are unrecognizable. The forms are intended to encourage portraits of people having fun along the byways.
- See the map on the front of the floridascenichighways.com website for all general byway locations.
See the galleries for each byway at https://floridascenichighways.com/traveler-resources/photo-video-galleries/ for great examples
of the kind of images that can be captured along a byway. Each byway page on the site has an interactive map that can orient you
to each byway location.
The final 12 winning images will be featured in the 2019 Florida Scenic Highways/Safety Calendar and recognized on the FSHP website. Each winning photographer will receive 12 day passes to Florida State Parks, and 10 copies of the printed calendar. Winners in each category will be contacted after each category of this contest ends, and FSHP and FDOT will showcase the photos on social media.
By submitting an image to this contest, the photographer grants full permission to FDOT to use the image in online galleries or other FDOT promotional materials. Artists grant usage as stated without further compensation. The photographer retains the copyright to their images for use by another party.
Questions? Contact Stephanie Liskey at [email protected]