The new Fellsmere Trailhead and Preserve hosted an Open House and Ribbon Cutting for its brand new Welcome Center along the Indian River Lagoon National Scenic Byway on November 3, 2016.
The City of Fellsmere hired Sailforth Productions of Orlando to design graphical elements for the center, and oversee or perform all visual installations for the new Fellsmere Welcome Center. Working with the City representative on vision and content, Sailforth Productions designed, built and installed:
- A 10 foot wallpaper map of the Indian River Lagoon National Scenic Byway
- 5 foot wide aerial map of Fellsmere Area & St. Johns River
- 3 interior interpretive panels
- 4 exterior interpretive pedestal panels
- 2 exterior kiosk panels
- An exterior double-sided Welcome Kiosk
The interpretation includes information on interesting features found in the Indian River Lagoon National Scenic Byway region, including prescribed burns, endangered plant and animal species and local wildlife refuges to explore.